Home

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Paddle to Yoga in the 1000 Islands, Gananoque, Ontario, Canada

Hi there!

Do you dream about getting out of your beloved yoga studio, strapping your yoga mat on to the back of a gorgeous, sleek, 16-foot sea kayak and heading out to a beautiful place to practice your favourite yoga style outdoors?
Yeah! Me too! I'm the BaffinPaddler.

I'll be posting stories of some of my trips to paddle to yoga. Some of the trips are in the 1000 Islands (Ontario, Canada) and in other spots in Canada and the USA. Maine is a particular favorite.

No, I don't always bring a yoga mat when I paddle or hike! I discovered long ago that you really don't need a yoga mat in the outdoors. They don't fit very well on rocky surfaces and uneven terrain. And, who wants to haul a yoga mat around unless you are paddling to a beautiful gazebo with a flat surface floor. There are lots of yoga poses you can comfortably do without a yoga mat.

Yoga mats tend to get a little wet or A LOT WET when paddling if the wind and waves are up, but they can be wonderful to have around when you want to sit on something softer than the ground and they do fit easily under the bungees on the back of a long, sleek sea kayak. Some yoga mats are very light weight as well.

See pics of my first exploratory trip out to the 1000 Islands region on the St. Lawrence River to find the perfect Paddle to Yoga spot on my BaffinPaddler blog post at: Paddle to Yoga with the Maelstrom Vital 166! This is one mission I love!

Wishing you the happiest paddle and yoga trails!
Namaste
The BaffinPaddler

No comments:

Post a Comment